cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 customer

Michael181
Joining in

I received an email offer to change to virgin 360 , I took the deal the box’s arrived today both were virgin mini 360 boxes that’s all ,,, no main box’s I rang customer service and was told that’s correct ,,, how can I connect with no main box ? Should I not have got a main 360 box ? Can someone help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it was the box in the picture below then you should have received a main box and mini box.

TiVo.jpg

The main box and mini are pictured below, if you have received 2 mini boxes then you do need to call Virgin again and select the ' leaving option ' who are usually UK based, you might also need to ask for a manned installation if you haven't got 2 coax connections where you want the boxes. The offshore team have apparently sometimes misadvised that the mini box only needs a WiFi connection, both boxes need a coax connection for live TV and a network connection for everything else, ethernet cable is preferable for the main box.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You only require a main box if you have one of the older TiVOs. If you currently have a V6 TiVO this can be migrated to a master V360 Horizon box through an online update. All you need is the remote for the box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

If you already have TV with virgin and are changing to 360 from?

What box or boxes do you currently have, if you have a V6 that will just receive a software update and you will receive a remote, the mini boxes might have been sent to replace TiVo boxes but if you already have 3 boxes that would normally need an engineer to do the update.

I had the old box ,, but the problem is the delivery driver took the old box with him 

If it was the box in the picture below then you should have received a main box and mini box.

TiVo.jpg

The main box and mini are pictured below, if you have received 2 mini boxes then you do need to call Virgin again and select the ' leaving option ' who are usually UK based, you might also need to ask for a manned installation if you haven't got 2 coax connections where you want the boxes. The offshore team have apparently sometimes misadvised that the mini box only needs a WiFi connection, both boxes need a coax connection for live TV and a network connection for everything else, ethernet cable is preferable for the main box.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg