cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVX fast forward option

vander18
On our wavelength

Has the fast forward during adds on the ITVX application been stopped?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It depends which TV tier you are on, and also which set top box.  The fast forwarding through ads is only available to V6 and 360 customers that subscribe to the Mega TV tier, or the now obsolete Full House and Maxit tiers.

Customers that subscribe to ITV X Premium can also fast foward through adverts, but due to licensing restrictions some shows and films will keep showing you adverts, even if you pay 

The Live section on ITVX includes all of ITV’s linear channels, so watching any live program will still include ad breaks so you can't FF those programs.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It depends which TV tier you are on, and also which set top box.  The fast forwarding through ads is only available to V6 and 360 customers that subscribe to the Mega TV tier, or the now obsolete Full House and Maxit tiers.

Customers that subscribe to ITV X Premium can also fast foward through adverts, but due to licensing restrictions some shows and films will keep showing you adverts, even if you pay 

The Live section on ITVX includes all of ITV’s linear channels, so watching any live program will still include ad breaks so you can't FF those programs.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have 360 box and on Mega tier.

Jakelly
On our wavelength

I am the same when I renewed my contract it changed to Mega TV and I can no longer fast forward the adverts on ITVX I could before I renewed.  I also am on 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just tested fast-forward on my V6, I'm on Maxit TV tier and it still works on the lead-in adverts at least.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vander18
On our wavelength

exactly same as me.

vander18
On our wavelength

I have contacted VM and the agent Jase has created a case.

I will keep you posted.

pjk53
Joining in

Have also just moved from Maxit to Mega and can no longer fast forward through the ads on ITVX. On 360 too.

Jakelly
On our wavelength

Has anyone had an answer regarding this from anyone at Virgin Media?  I still cannot fast forward. 

1701-e
Superfast

No.  Looks like its Maxit and not Mega customers who can FF on itvx