cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Like 360

45RPM
On our wavelength

I know I'm in the minority; however I actually like the new software.

I think it's great that it

1. integrates with BBC i player and other apps.
  2. The profiles are super
  3. Voice command is amazing
  4. watch from start option - great
  5. continue watching is helpful (was that on the old box??) 
  6. Personalised EPG with only the channels I like
  7.  Personalised EPG with the order of channels to suit me.

Please add to or dispute my list.

Please, please - let's not list the negatives in this thread.  There are lots of stuff out there.  Start your own thread if you wish.

10 REPLIES 10

thrice
Fibre optic

The 360 software is nowhere near as bad as the haters on here make out. It's a long way from perfect, but does (almost) everything I need. That said, I only watch TV for a couple of hours in the evening and the odd news bulletin. A glaring omission is the inability to retrieve any mistakenly deleted recording. I've lost recordings that way more than once. And for heaven's sake, fix the irrelevant recommendations on the home page. IMHO, those improvements would make the box a whole lot better.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@thrice wrote:

And for heaven's sake, fix the irrelevant recommendations on the home page. IMHO, those improvements would make the box a whole lot better.

Hi again @thrice 

I agree that 360 is nowhere near as bad as some make out, in fact I prefer it to the older V6 although I never used all the features on the V6 that are missing from the 360.

Have you set up personalisation for the recommendations on the home page to see if that helps?  Settings > Info > Personalisation  - you can do the same for tailored ads as well.

it's good to see you've posted about the 5.11 update in another thread.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for any info I may see about it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@45RPM wrote:

I know I'm in the minority; however I actually like the new software.

I think it's great that it

1. integrates with BBC i player and other apps

Just out of interest, what integration is it that you like? I'm curious, because what I would call "integration" with the EPG and VoD shortcuts, is available on the V6. And also Netflix is integrated on the V6 but not the TV360.

It is nice to see some positive posts on this forum, but yes - "continue watching" (your point 5) is not unique to TV360. Your other points are indeed unique to TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

1701-e
Fibre optic

The FF on sky on demand is great on the 360.  Easy to get through ad breaks. Also the "skip four minutes" into the mic is so handy on recordings from ITV etc

I also prefer the 360 to the V6. My only issue is I cant manual record. Also regarding Netflix, on the V6, you had to press the red button, 360, just hold voice command and say Netflix or just go to apps. As I said, if I could manual record, would be 10 out of 10 for me.

Have you set up personalisation for the recommendations on the home page to see if that helps?  Settings > Info > Personalisation  - you can do the same for tailored ads as well.

Hi Newapollo,

My Personalisation and Tailored Ads setting were set up soon after I upgraded to the 360. It completely ignores my preferred viewing and the programmes I watch regularly. So much for AI.

45RPM
On our wavelength

Hello @japitts. Integration:- this is when I use the search from the main menu; it finds stuff on BBC iplayer. Equally, when viewing the EPG and pressing "info", it tells me if the same programme is also available via BBC. Check out eg Catherine Tate.

I agree it does not do this for Netflix.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@45RPM wrote:

I agree it does not do this for Netflix.

Your understanding of integration matches mine, but it's therefore only fair to point out that V6 integrates to the same degree for iPlayer, C4-app, Netflix & Prime.

There are some subtle differences with ITV-X, where TV360 is probably a fraction cleaner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Netflix search isn't directly integrated into the 360 search, however there is a Netflix text search option when using the search icon from the Home screen. 

You type in the title or artist in the search field, press GO and then press Right on the navigational pad on the remote so the cursor moves across to All then press OK. A dropdown menu then opens with two choices All and Netflix

(Selecting netflix only shows netflix items and immediately launches the Netflix app when selecting a result.)

Typing in Wednesday and pressing OK when on All  brings up a link to Wednesday on the VM Store - no mention of the program being available in netflix

However if you search for Wednesday and then use the navigational button to highlight All, then the netflix dropdown option appears and you select Wednesday that opens the program or list of episodes in netflix.

Searching for Jenna Ortega with the netflix option highlighted brings up a list of programs/movies on netflix that she is featured in eg Wednesday, Scream, Richie Rich, The Babysitter: Killer Queen, which also open when selected

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali