cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

Jred1
Joining in

Received 360 upgrade email. I have V6 box and old TiVo box.  We currently have sky sports hd pack/ sky sports & cinema collection and TNT sports. Never heard of sky sports + !!! As my husband is sports person (but complete technophobe so I deal with Virgin but frankly not much better).   Rang up customer services - lady explained despite “free” box in email I would have to have new remote for 1 box (V6?) and new addnl box replacement & remote AND PAY £35 EACH per box for connection PLUS renegotiate my contract (I have till May ‘25 of existing contract left) - this seems like extortion to me. 

I am at my wits end & very confused. Customer service lady said I didn’t have to swop over as it was a “marketing ploy” and she assured me that my husband would be able to watch existing sky sports channels for all games on new premier league football season without any problem. 
Can anyone of you nice people confirm this? I tried googling and it seems that not all matches will be on existing sky channels.  My husband is elderly and it’s the one great pleasure he has atm. Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Hi Jred1,

If you have 2 boxes showing on your account then the 360 update should be free for both boxes. You will receive 2 remotes and a 360 mini box to replace your old TiVo box because that won't run the 360 software, the V6 box will receive a software update.

You don't need to renogiate your contract and everything should stay the same unless the email said anything differently.

Was it an offshore agent you spoke to.

I believe Sky Sports+ is due to launch on Thursday the 8th.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jred1 

Your husband will be able to continue watching all the Premier League as he does at the moment on your current V6 and tivo boxes.

Sky Sports+ is a direct replacement for Sky Sports Arena which is on channel 508.  This channel will stream additional Championship and Football League via the red button, but those additonal red button games on Sky Sports + will only be available on Virgin TV 360 and Stream at launch.

There is an existing red button functionality on the older boxes tivo and V6 boxes with reduced functionality, that will continue to be available but it wont have the full amount of streams available to customers with Sky Sports+

The additional red button games though will be available on a tablet or mobile phone using the Sky Sports app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

The agent in this instance is completely wrong, sorry you had to do that!

however, the email would have told you everything you need to do to upgrade, for free. Do you still have it? 

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jred1

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been given some confusing and conflicting information regarding the box swap.

I'll send you a direct message now so I can help :).

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you so much - your reply was exactly what I needed and you were 100% right