cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted recordings

Terrysutt
On our wavelength

There used to be a way to recover deleted recordings.I had a situation the other night where I had

2 programmes recorded,episodes of the same programme.After watching episode one,I went to the

dustbin and deleted it.I then clicked on episode two to watch but that was also deleted.Is there any

way to recover the recording as before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

@Terrysutt wrote:

There used to be a way to recover deleted recordings. I had a situation the other night where I had 2 programmes recorded, episodes of the same programme. After watching episode one, I went to the dustbin and deleted it. I then clicked on episode two to watch but that was also deleted. Is there anyway to recover the recording as before?

Unfortunately when you view your series recordings list and delete one it automatically drops to the bin icon on the one below, not as you would hope on the episode title itself so you can press OK and watch the next episode so if you are too quick pressing the OK button it's gone for good as there is no undelete folder.

This is something I posted about 2 years ago.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately not

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@Terrysutt wrote:

There used to be a way to recover deleted recordings. I had a situation the other night where I had 2 programmes recorded, episodes of the same programme. After watching episode one, I went to the dustbin and deleted it. I then clicked on episode two to watch but that was also deleted. Is there anyway to recover the recording as before?

Unfortunately when you view your series recordings list and delete one it automatically drops to the bin icon on the one below, not as you would hope on the episode title itself so you can press OK and watch the next episode so if you are too quick pressing the OK button it's gone for good as there is no undelete folder.

This is something I posted about 2 years ago.

Terrysutt
On our wavelength

Thank you for the explanation,I`ll remember next time.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Terrysutt, thanks for reaching out on the help forums and sorry to hear of the deleted recordings issue.

Please, visit this page here for more on how to manage your recordings depending on the TV box you're using.

Sorry to hear the episode you wanted to watch was accidentally deleted as you will not be able to retrieve it, we hope this does not happen again as you got some advice and useful tips from our insightful member roy247 above now.

Do let us know if you have more issues or concerns and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

klynchk
Up to speed

To answer your question

@Terrysutt wrote:

There used to be a way to recover deleted recordings. [...] 

Is there any way to recover the recording as before?

No

It’s pretty much unbelievable that Virgin Media haven’t cared enough to correct this obvious oversight. 

There’s quite a lot about the new V360 box that compares less well with the old V6. I’d swap back if I could. 

Steve