cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I watch the news for a different region?

ntruby
Dialled in

Nonetheless .... can I watch a different region?   For example I'd like to watch BBC South West news on my VM box (I'm in London).   I could do this on Sky on Channel 962, but I don't see it on Virgin.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky is a satellite based platform which needs to serve all BBC/ITV regions to all customers, and the viewing card/STB does the differentiation. VM is a cable-platform which doesn't have this restriction, and the regions fed on Ch101 & Ch103 are set based on the master head-end to which your box is connected. Sometimes neighbouring regions are available on EPG positions around 85x

Your alternate option is to use the BBC iPlayer app, from where you can view all BBC regional programmes - you can set your home region as whichever you choose, in order to get quicker access to your preferred local news.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

As said the BBC iPlayer app on your 360 will allow you to select any BBC region to watch live.

It also allows catchup of all the regional news programmes for 24 hours.

@ntruby wrote:

Nonetheless .... can I watch a different region?   For example I'd like to watch BBC South West news on my VM box (I'm in London).   I could do this on Sky on Channel 962, but I don't see it on Virgin.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5