cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto switch off won’t turn off

Madscally
Tuning in

The auto switch off message keeps appearing, but when I press ok to dismiss it, the message stays on show and the tv still counts down and switches off. I changed it to 24hrs and from eco to active and that didn’t work. I then changed it to fast and it still does it. Finally rebooted the box and that hasn’t fixed it either, so my tv keeps auto switching off every two hours. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Madscally wrote:

The auto switch off message keeps appearing, but when I press ok to dismiss it, the message stays on show and the tv still counts down and switches off. I changed it to 24hrs and from eco to active and that didn’t work. I then changed it to fast and it still does it. Finally rebooted the box and that hasn’t fixed it either, so my tv keeps auto switching off every two hours. 

Is it your TV that is auto switching off after 2 hours or your 360 box?  The way your post is worded makes it sound like it's the TV settings ssucch s eco mode that need looking at, and not the 360 box settings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Madscally wrote:

Is it your TV that is auto switching off after 2 hours or your 360 box?  The way your post is worded makes it sound like it's the TV settings ssucch s eco mode that need looking at, and not the 360 box settings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for that, I remember I reset the tv to factory settings for another issue, so I will go back in and check it. 

Hi Madscally 👋🏼.

Thank you for getting back to us. Glad we was able to help.

If you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to reach out us on here or give us a call on 👉🏼 0345 454 1111. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide