cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime not working

norco-gaz
Tuning in

My amazon prime won't launch any more. I just recently upgraded the tivo box to the 360 platform. It was working for a week or so but it refuses to open now. A message saying "unable to open app" appears. 

If i switch everything off for a few mins it will work but i have to do this every single time now. 

Has anyone got a solution? If i do a factory reset will it revert the box back to tivo? 

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

A factory reset won't go back to TiVo.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

A factory reset won't go back to TiVo.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you previously had a V6, part of the conversion process is to reformat the HDD before installing the completely new Horizon OS. You can no longer use TiVo-software on the box now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. I will try a factory reset and see if it works. Fingers crossed

Hey norco-gaz, did the the factory reset work or are you still having some issues? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?