cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 signing out of Apps

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Hey everyone,

Recently upgraded to 360 from v6 & everytime I have to sign in to all the apps (netflix, prime. Iplayer etc). Does 360 not keep you signed in? Really annoying more than anything! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Huckster
On our wavelength

I signed into all apps yesterday and turned off power to the box overnight.  Just turned on the box this evening and the apps stayed being signed in to.

Thought I would try this, as sometimes VM processes software updates to boxes overnight.  

So will continue switching off the power to the box overnight, rather than leave to go on standby.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

roy247
Community elder

Are you turning the box off at the plug or is it set to Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast start or Active start and leave it switched on at the plug and see how you go.

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying - Never switch off at the plug or the back & it's on Active start. 

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried rebooting the box by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug to see if that make any difference.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Thanks Roy, yeah tried switching off at the back & the mains & also sis a factory reset! Think I'll try setting up a profile & see if that makes any difference. 

Huckster
On our wavelength

I have been having same issues, where I log into apps, including Netflix, Prime, BBC I Player.  The next day, all of the apps are signed out and I have to complete the sign back in process after doing the factor reset.  I signed into all of the apps yesterday and left the box on. Overnight the apps had signed out. 

I have done a few tests today. After logging into the apps, I put my box on standby and the box saved my sign into apps.  I turned off the power on my box, left it for awhile and then turned it back on. And all of the apps stayed signed into.

Whatever is happening is not related to anything with my VM equipment.  This problem only started about 2 to 3 weeks ago.  And the issue is that the apps do not stay logged in overnight.  For whatever reason, whether you leave the box on standby or turn it off, to use the apps each day, you have to sign into them each day,  

I don't have the same issue with the apps on my tablet device. They remain logged in.

If you search online including Twitter, you will see many people reporting exactly the same issue.  Up to VM to look at what changes to their systems they have made this month and to see why apps on bixes need a new sign in each day.

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying & very interesting to read your experience. Yesterday, I lost all recordings & planned recordings as well & the "cannot view this program/use this app at the moment, please try again later". Switched off the box at the back & then it was fine, but all very annoying! 

Huckster
On our wavelength

I signed into all apps yesterday and turned off power to the box overnight.  Just turned on the box this evening and the apps stayed being signed in to.

Thought I would try this, as sometimes VM processes software updates to boxes overnight.  

So will continue switching off the power to the box overnight, rather than leave to go on standby.

I had these exact same symptoms 6 months ago.  Would start with apps signing out, losing the icons on the epg and all recordings being deleted.  Rebooting the box would fix it for a random amount of time, sometimes hours sometimes days, sometimes weeks.  Id even thought of having an smart plug reboot the box at night via an alexa routine but started getting Hard drive errors before trying.  Box was replaced and never had the issue since. So im guessing these are early signs of box failure.

Hi JMcA21, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the apps on the box.

Can you do a reboot and see if anything changes? Do you get an error message. Can you confirm if you are still having issues since posting?

- Chris.