cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 compared to V6

ludbrooks55
On our wavelength

Is the 360 much better than the v6?

I was offered a new contract which included an upgrade to 360 on the the contract info sheet emailed to me initially - I have now been sent the new contract and it says the V6 (not the 360) - I had spoken to a Virgin customer adviser on retentions to check that this online offer to me was genuine so surprised to get a different contract sent.

Before I make a fuss - is the 360 worth it in peoples opinion? I mainly use the V6 box to find my favourite programmes e.g, Earth, Hospital progs, ... and then watch them when I am ready There is only me here so no need for separate areas. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ludbrooks55 It's a bit like asking if apple iPhone operating system is better than Android.

The horizon system used by the 360 boxes is totally different to the TiVo system used by V6.

If the current V6 is providing a good service for your needs then stick with it rather than going to the more icon based horizon 360 which doesn't currently have a lot of the handy features that come with the TiVo V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ludbrooks55 It's a bit like asking if apple iPhone operating system is better than Android.

The horizon system used by the 360 boxes is totally different to the TiVo system used by V6.

If the current V6 is providing a good service for your needs then stick with it rather than going to the more icon based horizon 360 which doesn't currently have a lot of the handy features that come with the TiVo V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

ludbrooks55
On our wavelength

Thank you for taking the time.

It seems sensible advice. It is annoying though to be enticed into a contract and then for it to be changed (though that is probably an error on their part) plus the beckoning of a newer model is hard to resist. I thought I would be sensible and ask knowledgeable people if it is worth the trouble of contacting the customer phione lines. Thanks again.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your new contract does not include a Disney+ or Paramount+ subscription, which is not available on the V6, then you can keep the V6. Otherwise you have no option but to change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more