cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 TV Box has wiped all recordings, Help?

Dash145H
Tuning in

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help, but I've just had an issue with my Virgin 360 TV box.

I first noticed a problem while watching a film on live TV, when I tried pausing the film it showed as paused on screen, however when I unpaused it jumped back to live TV. Anyway, I went to check a recording I had saved, but when I go there it shows...

17255517069821002783734651177649.jpg

So, all my recordings have gone, as have all of my planned recordings, & I have not done any sort if reset or delete.

So can someone tell me if there is any way of possibly recovering the deleted recordings, as I can't find any sort of help for the 360 box, & only seem to show help for a remote with 'My Shows', which does not have.

I did try doing the usual turn the box off & let it reboot, something I've done before & had no issues, but it didn't help.

I have a feeling that this might be the start of a possible fault with the box, but any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

No you can't recover deleted recordings, there is no undelete option with the 360 software.

If the 360 has deleted your recordings and planned recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

No you can't recover deleted recordings, there is no undelete option with the 360 software.

If the 360 has deleted your recordings and planned recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

Dash145H
Tuning in

Thanks for the reply, I thought it sounded like a faulty box from what I've read in other posts.  

I'll try the factory reset, as there's nothing shown as recorded, & the picture  keeps randomly going glitchy. So if that doesn't work then I'll give Virgin a call & see if they can get it sorted asap.

Thanks again.

keithyboy
Tuning in

Mine did this about 3 months ago. A reboot got it working but I never got the recordings back.

Today, mine thinks it's full despite me deleting loads of stuff from it.

The previous software on the box was much more reliable.

Hi Dash145H, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your 360 box and that it's deleted your recordings. 

Checking here, there doesn't appear to be any issues showing with the box. All the diagnostics are coming back good. I can see that roy247 has already advised some steps on how to disable Auto-Delete. 

If you don't want to disable this, you can also have it on but prevent some recordings from being deleted. To do that, follow the steps below:

• ➡ Select the recording/series from the ‘See All Recordings’ menu and select the ‘pencil’ icon to the right hand side of the recording
  • ➡ Next select the option ‘Protect from auto-delete’
  • ➡ A shield will be displayed next to any protected recordings to indicate it is protected

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs