cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Bug still present......

deans6571
Wise owl

When watching a recorded program and when you also have multiple episodes to watch, about a minute before the program ends, a pop up in the top right warns you that the next episode will auto start in 12 seconds unless you cancel the option.

The bug is, that if you do NOT cancel this, the next episode plays once the 12 second timer elapses even when the current episode has not finished.

Multiple times I have had this happen to me - the pop up message gets displayed and I cancel it but I then note that the current episode has MORE than the 12 seconds shown in the pop up message??

So in other words, when the next episode starts (when you do not dismiss the message), it actually starts before the current one ends....??!

I have noticed this on V4.41 (and all versions before this) on the 360. I've just been updated to V4.42 so don't know if this is still present.

deans6571
Wise owl

This bug is still present on the new V4.42 firmware.......

Anyone from VM gonna acknowledge this bug (posted over a week ago) ?

Hey there @deans6571, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the bug on the 360 box.
Are you able to show a video of the issue happening?
It would assist in getting this sent to the technical team to resolve.
Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Hey there @deans6571, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the bug on the 360 box.
Are you able to show a video of the issue happening?
It would assist in getting this sent to the technical team to resolve.
Let us know.

Kind regards.

Hello. 

I’m not posting a video because it would take too long. 

All you have to do is follow the instructions in my original post in order to experience the bug….

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, deans6571.

Sorry to see you cannot upload a video here so we understand the issue better, could you please check and let us know if this problem occurs only when watching episodes on a recorded programme or is it happening when watching series / episodes in general?

Also, please visit this page here to view all features and settings on your 360 box and find how to manage your recordings from the box menu.

You may as well try the following steps to see if they help with this:

How to extend live recordings on Virgin TV

You can add extra time onto your live recordings by following these steps:

1. Press Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Recordings
  5. Select Extend Live Recordings

Please, try the above and test some new recordings made to let us know if the issue has cleared or you need more help. 
    Happy to assist further.
Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi again.

This only occurs when watching episodes on a recorded programme - i.e. when you have recorded multiple episodes of a series.

Its nothing to do with extending the recording time. The message always appears when playing back an episode you have recorded, and it is coming to an end. You get the pop up asking you if you want to watch the next episode but if you select 'Yes' or let the timer lapse, the next episode will start before the current one ends.

I experienced this execrable bug too constantly. Especially with shows like bullseye

Thanks for coming back to us @deans6571 and for letting us know what's happening with your 360 recordings.

Please could you try to extend the recordings, which will hopefully delay the message popping up, I know this isn't a solution but this might work as a temporary measure to stop this happening till we can get the issues resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L

This thread shouldn't be marked as answered/solved as its not fixed (sorry for replying to an old thread).

Some time ago I wrote a fairly long post regarding my experiences upgrading from a TIVO to a V360 box.  This post unfortunately seems to have been archived.

The issue discussed in this thread is my number one annoyance with the V360 box by some distance and it has nothing to do with buffer minutes at the end of recordings.

What's happening is that when playing an episode of a box-recorded series the V360 box displays a next episode autoplay countdown pop-up when the episode end recording time is reached regardless of whether the program has actually finished.  To put it more simply - if a series is recorded and the program runs over the scheduled end time and into the buffer period this previously mentioned pop-up will appear when the box thinks the the program has ended rather than the actual end.

Suppose a series of 6 episodes of 30 minute duration each is recorded with 5 minutes of buffer time at the end.  Episode 3 starts 2 minutes after the scheduled broadcast time and hence overruns the scheduled end time by 2 minutes.  When watching Episode 3 this countdown pop-up will appear after 30 minutes, which is 2 minutes prior to the actual end of the program.

This is similar to streaming services which show a next episode pop-up during the end credits of a box set - but the V360 box is showing the message at the wrong time.  The pop-up should be shown at the end of the whole recording not at the assumed end.  To stick with the example above it should appear after 30+5 minutes not at exactly 30 minutes.

For me the best fix would be an option to completely switch off next episode autoplay, although I could live with a pop-up displaying 15 seconds before the actual end of a recording (ie after 30+5 minutes).

The situation at the moment is unbelievably annoying as the pop-up is completely unexpected.  Its not during the end credits so you end up scrabbling around for the remote to cancel the autoplay.  If you don't manage this within the 15 seconds you have to exit back to the previous episode (as the box is now autoplaying the next) and fast forward to catch the last 2 minutes.  Its super-frustrating and needs a fix.

We appreciate the feedback in regards to the TV360 service Bee1000, we are always looking to improve the experience and service our customers receive across all of our products. We will be sure to pass your recommendations to the development team.

Rob