cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box issues

PaulDS1
Tuning in

Our TiVo box has started playing up and shows recorded aren’t playing back properly. They’re pixelated and we’re unable to fast forward or rewind. This has been getting worse and now the box appears to turn the TV off!

Also when we fast forward to skip adverts this happens on ‘speed 3’ if that makes sense. The sound goes and then the box turns off.

We’re thinking the box is knackered?!

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Phone it in as a fault.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello PaulDS1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Tivo box at the moment, this does sound like the box is faulty and would need to be replaced. We would not be able to replace the TIvo as a like for like as we no longer offer that box. We can offer a free upgarde to a V6 box or 360 box for you, would you like to do that from here?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, thanks for your reply. Would be great to organise a replacement if that’s possible.

Many thanks.

Hi PaulDS1 👋 Thanks for getting back to us!

Just to reiterate what my colleague has already advised - it won't be a replacement as we don't offer TiVo boxes anymore, but we can offer a new V6 box or 360 box. 
I will send you a PM now to confirm a few details so we can arrange this for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steven_L wrote:

We would not be able to replace the TIvo as a like for like as we no longer offer that box. We would need to send out a new 360 box for you

Unless there's been a very recent change of policy, TiVo's should be replaced with V6 as a matter of course - these run the exact same software but on newer hardware

It's only fair to point out to @PaulDS1 that TV360 is a completely different TV platform with many substantial differences.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@Steven_L wrote:

We would not be able to replace the TIvo as a like for like as we no longer offer that box. We would need to send out a new 360 box for you

Unless there's been a very recent change of policy, TiVo's should be replaced with V6 as a matter of course - these run the exact same software but on newer hardware

It's only fair to point out to @PaulDS1 that TV360 is a completely different TV platform with many substantial differences.

Just to add to that the V6 boxes require a separate VM broadband connection (the old TiVo boxes have a built in modem)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

True, but that requirement is the same for both V6 & TV360.

VM staff have separately confirmed that there hasn't been a change of policy, and TiVo are indeed replaced with V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your message. We have a new V6 box being sent out to us today so hopefully we’re all sorted!