Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable splitter

Joining in


I have a cable coming into the house downstairs which connects to the Virgin TV box and another cable coming in upstairs which connects the the router. Is it possible to use a splitter on the downstairs cable to connect the Virgin TV box and router.



Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes it is possible.

Alterations to wiring & rebalance of signal levels can be booked for a standard non-fault call-out charge of £25.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes as nodrogd says. There will be a splitter in the outside omnibox and this needs to be moved to the downstairs location and replace with a female-to-female connector. There should not be any change to the signal levels.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2