cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there something i need to switch on on my tivo box?

loscassidy76
Dialled in

to watch recordings from my tivo box on my laptop, do i need to switch something on ? as i cant seem to select the box on my laptop, both on my home network.

loscassidy76_0-1728038414010.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a 360 and I can view recordings using TV Go on my PC.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a TiVo, you need to do two things to in-home stream recordings.

1: An Ethernet cable connection from the box to your home-hub

2: Use the TV Control app to view your recordings, and then "watch" any that are permitted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

my tivo is wired to my router. but tv controller app only lets me play recordings on my phone or tivo box, it has no option for my laptop or is there an app for windows i cant find?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fairly sure that's a historic restriction, the in-home streaming applies to "compatible mobile devices"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@loscassidy76 wrote:

my tivo is wired to my router. but tv controller app only lets me play recordings on my phone or tivo box, it has no option for my laptop or is there an app for windows i cant find?

TV control only allows access on mobile devices such as tablets & phones. This is primarily to prevent illegal copying of recordings, particularly on Windows driven equipment.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think you need to upgrade to a V6 or a 360 and use TV Go to watch recordings. You need to sign in on this page from a Windows PC.

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/home 

--

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The mechanism to in-home stream recordings is identical between TiVo & V6, save how the TiVo connects to the router. In other words, TV Control is the app.

If TV360 has a means to view recordings in-home via a PC, then fair enough - but I'm fairly sure it doesn't.

I have a 360 and I can view recordings using TV Go on my PC.

--

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV Control app has never allowed PCs or Laptops to view recordings. With TV Go linking directly to the Horizon server rather than the box it has an advantage over TiVO in this case.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Thanks for reaching out to us @loscassidy76, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced when trying to watch recordings from your set top box on your laptop.

With the help and advice provided, have you been able to have this resolved or is this still ongoing?

Thanks,

David_Bn