cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go not working on iPad

sm92
Tuning in

When I log in to the app on my iPad it just says “Oops - the service isn’t available at the moment. Try again in a few minutes”. Happened for days. iPad software and app up to date, app works on my phone. Any help? Is there any iOS too old to work?

28 REPLIES 28

Thanks for getting back to us Singhie10. 

In order for us to raise this further we need to complete some troubleshooting steps (including re-setting the devices, and the password) and confirm some account information. We will send you a PM to do this. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi, i replied to the PM message yesterday. 

I also messaged them the day of the post and am yet to receive a reply from them so you are lucky

Hello Psychotic.

Sorry you haven't had a reply from your original post.

Can I send you a private message to pass security.

That way I can check your account and get the TV Go issue investigated.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Veryfluidiride
Joining in

I am having this exact issue but I’ve not seen any reply to any of the questions, is there a resolution to this? 

Thanks Steve 

Hi there @Veryfluidiride 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you are also facing this issue! 

Can I ask if your iPad is running the most up to date version of the app? Are you seeing the exact same message as the original post? 

majorreview
Tuning in

I’m having the same on several Apple devices. I got to Sign in and after submitting my email it shows “opps - the service isn’t available….”  Interestingly, regardless of the email I enter it gives me the same error so it doesn’t seem to be authentication related. 

I’ve also, cleared safari cache, turned off all the privacy features and blockers and tried from my WiFi (where the vbox is), on mobile data and another WiFi. 

majorreview
Tuning in

💥 SOLUTION FOUND - For Apple device but may work on android. 

At the sign in screen

• Enter your email 
  • DO NOT USE THE “GO” BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD
  • PRESS the “Done” button to minimise the keyboard
  • PRESS THE BLUE “SIGN IN” ON THE APP 

For me, this then prompts for the password and let me in.  

I guess the “Go” button on the keyboard submitted an erroneous entry and kicks you out. 💥👍

Happy streaming 📺