cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV GO not working on Android still!!

NottsGuy75
Just joined

My Virgin TV Go has not been working on Android for over a year now...nearly two!

I have made multiple complaints to awful customer services where I keep being promised a call back that never happens and when I call back get asked to explain the situation like it's the first call. Probably made 20 calls, made 3 formal complaints but they keep closing the complaint as resolved when it hasn't been

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

Tried it on multiple devices (iPad, phone, laptop) no joy

Tried it on wifi and on normal phone signal no joy

Tried changing password with no joy

I just keep getting a message as the app is loading up saying 'Service not available - Oops the service isn't available at the moment try in a few minutes'

I am technically minded but don't understand why it clearly works for some people so it's not an app problem but don't know how it doesn't work on any device on or off WiFi. I assume it might be connected with user name or log in but try and explain this to a customer services agent in India so they understand....they have been very polite but as soon as they realise it's a complex issue they hang up or put me through to someone else who starts asking the basic questions again. I call back and ask to escalate it to a manager and I get told I will get a call back which hardly ever happens and when it does it's just another normal member of customer services who asks me to explain the situation from the beginning and then they say they will escalate it. I'm going round in circles.

Has anyone had this issue and had it resolved. I'm nearly 2 years in now and am close to raising a complaint with the Ombersdsman but thought I'd try this community first!

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you sign into My Virgin Media? It uses the same credentials as TVGo.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah no problems with my virgin media which makes it even more confusing lol