cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go does now work when using HDMI

Paulhoakes
Joining in

Hi, 

I have the TV GO app on my laptop and it works fine until I connect to my tv using HDMI l. The picture and audio stutter and freeze as soon as I try and use the app when connected to the TV with HDMI.

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Paulhoakes,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear yo uare having this issue, can you confirm, playing on the laptop only the audio is fine and not freezing? Can you also confirm if when plugged into the TV the laptop is working perfectly fine its just the connection to the TV? If so it might more be the HDMI cable or the connection point between your laptop/TV.

Joe

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulhoakes wrote:

Hi, 

I have the TV GO app on my laptop and it works fine until I connect to my tv using HDMI l. The picture and audio stutter and freeze as soon as I try and use the app when connected to the TV with HDMI.

That is because TV Go is only provided for viewing on PORTABLE DEVICES. If you are feeding it to a TV it is outside of the agreements VM has with the broadcasters. If you could do this you could also plug into a TV that is not at your registered account address, which is also not allowed in the terms & conditions of service.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes audio is fine on laptop and doesn’t freeze when using the HDMI cable. I’ve tried different cables and the issue persists. 

thanks 

Hi Paulhoakes

Thanks for your reply.

As one of our community members has correctly advised, TV Go is only provided for viewing on portable devices. This is not compatible with TVs and would be a breach of the agreements we have with the broadcasters. 

We apologise for any disappointment caused by this.

If you do have any further questions, please pop back to us here and we'd be happy to help.   

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide