cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream sign-up issues

Nick262
Joining in

Hi, hopefully someone can help. I have broadband only internet from VM (no TV) and wanted to get a stream box for £35 activation fee as all the advertising seems to imply.

My gf tried to do this today over live chat and was told it was an extra £4 a month (she did agree to this before chatting to me). I advised I didn't think that was right and to say you don't want it at that deal and she was told she couldn't cancel and it was a new contract ( I thought cooling off period was like 14 days not an hour). Am I wrong in thinking a stream box is just 35 activation fee for existing customers? Wish I hadn't bothered now!

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nick262

You are correct and the agent has misinformed your girlfriend. Also there is a 14 day cancellation/cooling off period for any transaction placed online or over the phone.

The info below is from the Legal Stuiff on the /virginmedia.com/tv/stream page

There is no charge for the Stream service, but a one-off £35 Stream activation fee applies, along with charges & terms for each Stream subscription. Some Stream subscriptions require 30 days’ notice to cancel. New Virgin Media broadband customers subject to 18 month contract and set up fees may apply. See full details

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nick262 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Thanks also to newapollo, they're correct, it's only the fee charged as Stream doesn't increase the cost of the bundle, any subscriptions will obviously but Stream on it's own won't.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further :).

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Elgeet1
Tuning in

I have also tried to get the Stream service. After waiting 30 mins on the chat function they wanted to charge me £3 more a month. Joke. 

Hi Elgeet1, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you've been advised there is an increase in your price for adding a Stream box. There would usually only be a charge when adding any subscriptions. To add the box itself, as has been mentioned above, there is no extra monthly charge. You just pay a one off activation fee. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs