cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new router for 1g speed?

crackerjack
Joining in

Hi

I had gone for a new contract on the 28th March. At the moment my speeds are still showing 500 gb . I went for the 1g speed which works out at £60 a month instead of £80.

I received  an email this morning to say that my old contract has run out and I need to get a new one. Looking at my bill which was dated March 18th to April 25th . Ive received all the paperwork for the new speed . Question being does this mean my new speed wont start until then even though I was told told it would start on the Sunday of Easter weekend. Done some speed tests and it still at 500 mbs which is the old speed. Ive got a router 4 which Ive had for some time so do I need a new router before the 1G speeds can begin?

Confused anyone shed some light please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 4 is suitable for the 1Gb service. The WiFi is not, & will max out at 600 Mb per device due to the older WiFi standard in use. Make sure you are testing via wired means.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 4 is suitable for the 1Gb service. The WiFi is not, & will max out at 600 Mb per device due to the older WiFi standard in use. Make sure you are testing via wired means.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers Nodrogd. That's one less problem to worry about. Have a great day !

Donfor40
Superfast

I had been declined Hub.4 -5 upgrade earlier, I did ask during e-chat.

I'm returning to 1gb since m350-m500.

t.b.f 1GB seems very stable during my 2nd attempt via hub.4.

I'll continue unless I find need for faster wifi, which my since redundant Nighthawk was very good at.