cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload for Torrents always Throttled As proven before

Borg100
On our wavelength

Uploads are capped, i.e, If I see 104Mbps or something like 30-40Mbps it is instantly throttled down to KiB/s. Leaving PC on 24/7 & all day I can upload 1.38Gb all day & that's on private Sites with the latest releases, it's beyond a joke with these Guys..After 11-12 p.m. to early morning, uploads are from 30-40 GB for that time....I need to hear this or that As I've tried every protocol. 

Another topic, Parents both passed in OCT of last year within 1 week & 2 days of each-other & in January I phoned Virgin for some help as Money was quite bad & they offered to give me a 500mg package for £5 less, they seriously are a joke & When another company comes into the area I will instantly leave as will thousands of others! 

17 REPLIES 17

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Borg100, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear of your loss and that you intend to leave us over the issues you've outlined. 

In order to look into these issues for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

IPFreely
Fibre optic

The only thing they're throttling is letters from copyright holders.

VM aren't going to boot you for it but certainly won't cry over losing you: you are losing them money with your usage and that's it's dodgy content rather than anything worthwhile is the icing on the poop cake. If you'd take thousands who feel similarly entitled on these sites with you couldn't be better for VM. Customer numbers may drop but profitability and customer satisfaction from the others will improve nicely.

I'm sure Borg is solely interested in legitimate, public domain, and virus-free files and is fully versed in parts G5 and G6 of the Ts and Cs. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Private Torrents, just films from the biggest Group that's still rated 1 

carl_pearce
Community elder

Absolutely no 'throttling' here.

Probably related to traffic management in your area due to high subscription.

Borg100
On our wavelength

Please get a life... If you knew behind the scenes of this company & so many others who have gotten where they by not doing things by the book. Downloads here are fine Uploads are not what's advertised... 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No sympathy here. If you cause problems for others you can't complain if you lose out yourself. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Borg100
On our wavelength

how can it cause problems for others? I get full-speed DL (you don't know your field) The upload is capped & some days 1.3-1-56Gb up..(Another little keyboard warrior

I'm not the one complaining about my upload ratio but thanks for your concern over my life, or lack of. The uploads are not advertised to hit that speed for every application. If you would take a few in between living your amazing life where you're entitled to distribute content you don't own as you see fit you'll find this in your product details. Torrent uploads are not a valid measure of how the service is performing.

I may not have a life but at least I can afford to consume my content via legit channels and don't need to call my ISP to ask for discounts then get all offended when they offer a lower product so I guess it could be worse.