cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed TW14

aquatarkus
Dialled in

Hi

Getting slow download speeds all my pc's are connected via Cat5e good quality cable.

Have run a few tests via speed test etc, shows I'm getting between 50 - 100mb/s. I'm on the 1gig service so should be faster than that.

My upload speed is actually showing as faster than my download upload speed showing via speed test and others is between 80 - 120mb/s.

I've reset my Hub 3 to take it out of modem mode and run the tests again with main pc as the only pc connected again directly to the hub 3 and get the same results.

Switching hub back to modem mode and connecting via my wired connection using TP-Link Archer C7 router get same results.

Always had much faster download speeds than experiencing at the moment. have rebooted the Hub 3 number of times and my TP-Link Archer C7 , checked cables etc no issues with my equipment or installation.

The Service status checker says no issues but suggests to take the Hub out of Modem mode, tried that again no difference.

Any help or ideas please.

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

With the HUB in router mode check this site to see if you are seeing full speed over the VM network:

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

aquatarkus
Dialled in

Hi Carl

Same issue , put hub into router mode connect main pc as the only device connected and same speeds, upload is still faster than download.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Did you select the 'still having issues' option in the service status to check if it's you specifically with issues?