cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamKnows issue?

Cesco
On our wavelength

Hi guys. Today I discovered that the SamKnows website, the official VM tool to monitor speed to the hub, is giving strange results. Regarding the speed coming from the street TO my hub4, it says it's getting ZERO both in download and upload speeds. Thanks Heaven it's not true, as all the devices connected (some through wifi and some through LAN cable) to that Hub are working normally, unaffected (just apparently), so I may think that the issue may be on the SamKnows hub software maybe? Very strange, also, that latency, packet loss and jitter to the hub are just normal, but not download and upload speed. During the test, they show a speed of 0.0000000123 but then the final result is zero, as shown on the attached photo. image_2024-01-06_112343170.png

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yup if VM want this test to be true the server the hub goes to need to be the same as where your device goes to. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Cesco, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some speed issues.

I have taken a look at our side and everything is look great, how has the connection been over the last two days?

Have you seen an improvement at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Cesco
On our wavelength

Hi! No relevant speed issues in fact. The topic in fact was related to Samknows tool only. Now it seems it's working better as well, however when I contacted their own customer service, they told me they could not help and that I should refer to Virgin Media. Anyway, as said, no relevant issues as per today.