cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer M500 - Hub3

Tom_nock
Tuning in

Hi,

New customer here, signed up for M500. I have an O2 contract already so am expecting this to be picked up as Volt on both sides and subsequently be upgraded to Gig1 on the VM side. 
I have been sent a Hub3. So 
my question is when my Volt benefits are applied, will I be sent a new modem too since the Hub3 doesn’t support DOCSIS 3.1? Seems a bit of a waste by all accounts and something they maybe could have checked to start with before sending a Hub3?

What modem should I expect to receive? I have a 2.5Gbps internal network and plan to make use of the full speed Virgin provide on Gig1 - does the Hub4/5 have a 2.5GbE port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Yes to a new hub but it might be a Hub 4. Only the Hub 5 has a 2.5 Gbps port. The "new" hub might not be brand new btw as VM reissue pre used hubs. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Yes to a new hub but it might be a Hub 4. Only the Hub 5 has a 2.5 Gbps port. The "new" hub might not be brand new btw as VM reissue pre used hubs. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Thanks for the quick reply! Would there be a way I can specifically request a Hub5 from VM due to wanting the 2.5GbE port?

Are Hub5s even being dished out at the moment? I read about some stock shortages?

Unfortunately you can't specify a HUB 5 as VM deem both capable of full speed across several devices at the same time, when in router mode.

You may be in luck, however, since you are a new customer.