cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My work VPN suddenly not working

elbee8_1
Tuning in

Ive been with VM for about 4-5 years and have never had an issue. Since yesterday my work laptop, on which I have to use a VPN to access the hospital systems is losing connection every few minutes, making working from home almost impossible. 
I have a hub 3, all other devices are working normally. My work IT help desk say there is nothing wrong with the laptop or at the hospital end but think it may be something to do with Virgin?

Any help very much appreciated 

25 REPLIES 25

Hi there,

Could you possibly share your fix? I'm experiencing the same issues.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you,

Tom

Hello,

I had to log in to the router and do something to the DMV (demilitarised zone). The IT manager from my neighbouring NHS talked me through it. I had to give the DMV my laptop IP or network ID from memory. I actually ditched Virgin and moved to BT after due to costs.

Lois 

Hello,

Thank you for the info! Has your trust laptop connected fine to BT?

Tom

Hi,

Yes it seems to be fine with BT. Are you also NHS?

Lois

Hey Lois,

No, but my girlfriend is and we've just had Virgin installed, but I think we will move to BT. 

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!

Hi Tom,

Which Trust? I work in Procurement for both Bristol Trusts and Bath NHS helped me. We believe it’s something to do with the security some Trusts use. There may be others in your girlfriends Trust having issues, Bristol and Bath had discussed meeting together with Virgin to discuss, they’d likely discuss with your GFs Trust too.

Lois