cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency Spikes

Rishi_Chopra
Tuning in

Hi all, had VM installed around 10 days ago now, I have the Hub 5x, whether it’s wireless, or with Ethernet hooked up to my Xbox (which is the main annoyance) I have high latency spikes that last around 10 seconds, I would say these occur around every 30 minutes, now that may not sound awful but for a competitive gamer it can get quite frustrating, is there any way to fix this, when I run the ping test on CMD the ping spikes to over 2000, and when I log in online to view my Hub 5x settings, when I run the network diagnostic tool, it says that my home network has a few problems, and it highlights the part saying “checking Ethernet connections” I’ve read quite a few of the posts involving latency spikes and the only one that seemed like a fix was to do with changing the settings, and unfortunately it was from 6 years ago so was quite outdated, I’ve also seen people requesting tests etc, now even though I’m a gamer I’m not quite the tech wizard, so if you request these things in the replies, could you explain it easily for me as I do have a hard time following instructions sometimes.

21 REPLIES 21

Rishi_Chopra
Tuning in

tried my luck at ringing customer service again, they never seem to understand the actual issue, was told pinhole reset would fix this, didn’t work, rang back later and at first I had to explain to the woman what latency is as she didn’t seem to know, was then told that on their end that my highest latency since installation had been 7ms, told them I have it recorded that I experience massive spikes every hour, I offered them my login details to check my BQM, was told that the BQM on thinkbroadband.com is outdated and that I need to use SamKnows, was hung up on, called back and the woman pretended she was an automated message, I cancelled the engineer appointment after reading another post where they managed to have this issue fixed on the phone, will have to re book an engineer as atleast i can speak to a human with ears in real life, just don’t seen how an engineer will help as it’s on Virgins end that is causing my issue, nothing in my home will fix remote speed tests that virgin conduct, not to my knowledge atleast, any advice on what the best thing to do would be very much appreciated.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Say you want modem mode

or set up a auto download and upload of something you don't need all the time non stop for days on end then blame VM if they stop their speed tests you stop yours  

---------------------------------------------------------------