cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig2 speed has not been applied

sincitycsi
Tuning in

I upgraded from Gig1 to Gig2 this morning, during the upgrade I was told the change would take upto 30 minutes and to reboot the router after that time. After 4-5 hours and multiple reboots the router still synced at 1100mbps down and 110 up the old Gig1 speeds. I called the customer service team, spoke to someone who didn't seem to even know Gig2 was an option, and eventually was told the upgrade was applied however told to "wait some time". Has anyone else who upgraded to Gig2 managed to get their hub to sync at the new speeds and if so is there something else I need to do?

One online rep seemed to indicate an issue with Gig2 rollout which might be hindering the upgrade, however I am not 100% what the current issue is... or how I even go about chasing it. (Alongside this I have been pestering since go live 8 weeks ago for Wifi pods as my three story property does not manage to get wifi to all the rooms... however they promise to send and never actually send anything) 

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Connection: Virgin XGS-PON Gig2 with Hub5x
25 REPLIES 25

Sdp2009
Tuning in

I think anyone who pays £84 month and then £6 extra for symmetrical speeds are just mental😂 but each to there own I suppose 

@Sdp2009 wrote:

I think anyone who pays £84 month and then £6 extra for symmetrical speeds are just mental😂 but each to there own I suppose 

You are assuming that FTTP ALTNETs are available in all areas, which they are not.

Thank god I am only paying £50 a month for Gig2 then 😂

Hopefully you will get pod 2 and 3 by the summer 😉

Martyn
Up to speed

it looks like they are avalible to order today, have you been upgraded? I wouldn't have gone 2gig myself, Ill wait for it to come down, the price is just too high, EE offer 1.8gb for less too, also no volting from 1gig to 2gig. 

£48 (£52 without o2 volt) for 1000/1000 seems good to me, but £90 for 2000/2000 doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

as of 13/02/2024 
PackagePrice £Dif £
125Mbps27n/a
250Mbps336
500Mbps407
1000Mbps466
2000Mbps8438
Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

I managed to get mine at £50 until late 2025 which was only £6 more than my Gig1 price. Unfortunately still awaiting my upgrade to take effect, I chased again today and was told again to check back in 24 hours. 

Thanks for reaching to our Community Forums @sincitycsi, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the delay in having the 2GB speed issued to you.

Our team will be sure to be in touch as soon as this is available.

Thanks,

David_Bn

If your on gig1 or gig2 you get 3 free WiFi pods, nothing extra a month

How are you paying £50 a month for gig2 I thought it was £84

I had an 18 month new customer deal, so it will spike back up in 2025.