cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely low Upload Speed, on 1gb Plan, Can't play online games, or Work calls!!

Onebrazilian
Joining in

Hi, I have been with Virgin for a few weeks now and having nothing but problems, the upload speed has been all over the place and most days it's at 0.20mb and it's supposed to be on 75/100mb. 

This is affecting our work as we both work from home and it's impossible to be on a conference call with the upload speeds being this low! It's been 2 days straight that the speed doesn't get past 0.50mb and everytime I speak to someone they say there's a problem in the area but it's been like this for weeks now!! 

Please can someone look into this? I've reseted my router a few times now and I'm using it on modem mode but I tried to use as a router for a few days and it's just the same. 

Another issue is it for a few days a week, the router resets by itself, this happens at 1/2am and I think it's every Tues/wed and Thursdays, is there a explanation to this? Anyone had this problem? Is there anything I can do my end? Any help will be much appreciated! I'm a gamer so this has been nothing but frustrating, can't play online, Warzone is impossible to play with this issue going on! 

3 REPLIES 3

Onebrazilian
Joining in

IMG_8891.png

This is a test directly from my Asus Router Hub.

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi Onebrazillian

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with your broadband.

I've had a look on our side and can see that you are currently being affected by a local outage (F011402836). It looks like this issue is estimated to be fixed by around 6pm this evening, so please do let us know how things are this evening. We'd recommend to reboot your equipment around this time also. You should be able to track the fault online here, too.

Keep us posted

Beth