cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed

Chardy51
Tuning in

Hub3 over10yrs old. Chromebook speed test Samknows at router 250ish Mbps at Chromebook 4.5ish Mbps. Wife's mobile WiFi keeps dropping costing ££. Carried out all tests. Should I ask for a new router or Pods?

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What were those tests, and the results? 

Which broadband contract are you on? Unless it qualifies for free pods you will be better off buying your own elsewhere. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub 3 is getting 250Mb, so that seems fine.  Have you tried a wired connection directly to the Hub for a speed test?

Have you done a 60 second pinhole reset on the Hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chardy51, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔

If you could please answer the questions asked by @jpeg1 and @Adduxi, that'd be much appreciated.

Advice on how to fix slow internet speeds can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi VM package is TV Maxit,    Broadband M250 Volt Speed Boost,  Home Phone,   Mobile O2

Dont understand why Samknows Speed Test shows download Router speed 267Mbps but Chromebook download speed 18.4 Mbps? Around this speed in most rooms. Router is wired, connections checked, reset 60sec. Switched off/on. Router is Hub3 and must be over 10yrs old.

Any useful advice welcome. As all i keep being told is reset reset, unplug, check connection 

Thanks 

Hi VM package is TV Maxit,    Broadband M250 Volt Speed Boost,  Home Phone,   Mobile O2

Dont understand why Samknows Speed Test shows download Router speed 267Mbps but Chromebook download speed 18.4 Mbps? Around this speed in most rooms. Router is wired, connections checked, reset 60sec. Switched off/on. Router is Hub3 and must be over 10yrs old.

Any useful advice welcome. As all i keep being told is reset reset, unplug, check connection 

Thanks 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @Chardy51 

Have you tried a different ethernet port on the hub? Also worth trying a different ethernet cable.

What speed do you get via wifi connection?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Results were WiFi, that's all I'm interested

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If your not happy you should cancel because its not going to get any better with the hub in router mode until you get your own better wifi router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode  

---------------------------------------------------------------

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your broadband speed is what you are paying for at 250 Mbps. 

The WiFi speed could be better, it would be worth checking which band your devices are using. If they are connecting on 2.4GHz they may get better speed on 5GHz. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.