cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Symmetrical Speed

Dogmai
Joining in

Hi there,

Hoping for some assistance from Virgin or other posters.

I tried today to have the £6 symmetrical speed option added to my 1 Gig broadband, was told there was no such thing.  Please can someone advise how I can get this done?  Thank you so much.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Customer Service are supposed to have a dedicated team
for dealing with XGS-PON connections & their service variations.

Hi! Thank you for your help.  What does this mean, what exactly do I do if Customer Services is telling me there is no such thing as paying £6 for symmetrical speed?  Thank you.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

What hub do you have? 4, 5, or 5x?

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Symmetrical speed in only available if you have FTP with a Hub5x and then only in a few areas. Basically it was a Marketing Dept hype making an announcement that was not fully qualified. Yes, in the future everyone will be able to get it, but not for sometime for most people.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi there, I have a Hub 5 Model F3896LG-VMB.

Hi there, I have a Hub 5 Model F3896LG-VMB.  If that cannot receive symmetrical speeds, can I request a Hub 5x for free? Thank you.

Thank you so much for your clear and detailed explanation, I am very grateful. Looks like I will not be getting symmetrical speeds anytime soon, but at least I now know this.  Thank you!