cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Incorrectly Blocking Access to my website

lewis1994
Tuning in

Hi there, I am the owner of urlbae.com and I have had a number of our customers complain that websafe is blocking Virgin users from our website.  

Our website works fine when our users access via mobile or if they connect using a vpn but directly with Virgin media it’s being blocked. 

It says the connection is not private but we have a valid SSL connection in place.

Is there anyway to get it whitelisted and get these issues resolved?  Thanks in advance if anyone is able to offer some help.

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you updated the site’s URL recently? It can take up to 72 hours to percolate to the VM DNS servers? The is no way to ‘whitelist’ URLs on VM. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

image.png

Our users are recieving this ^

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

The ones that forced VM to do websafe are to blame but you can ask them to try and turn off websafe or use another DNS

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @lewis1994 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about this 😔

Have you tried asking users of the website to follow the advice provided by @legacy1? If so, has that made any difference to what they're experiencing?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

asim18
Fibre optic

Sadly a lot of scammers, trackers and malware use URL shortening services. Through text messages, emails, even QR codes.

I personally avoid shortened URLs as you never know where it'll take you.

If I must use a short URL, I will manually unshorten it first using checkshorturl.com, inspect it, then copy the original URL.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Vodafone also block it. The block URL details suggest suspected malware

www.vodafone.co.uk/restricted-content/branded-paym-agerestricted.html?type=restricted&CAT=%5Bmalware...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Resolved. For anyone else facing this issue, clean up the virus total false positives then resubmit for reclassification. We have added extra security features on our site to avoid this happening again. 

Hi @lewis1994 thanks for for getting back to us.

And thanks for updating us that you've managed to resolve your issue.  We're really pleased to hear this. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R