cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB RESET

ALF28
Super solver

Following a recent outage in my area with phone also down, I tried to reset my hub 3 as advised following a hub check online, this did not work, Is this because  it was in modem mode?

I have done a pin reset and the hub  3 has updated now and  is switched back to modem mode.

I just wondered if the hub 3 is kept up to date automatically  if in modem mode, or is a pin reset needed occasionally? or after an outage. The test your hub feature in service status is still  saying my hub needs a factory reset even after this has been done, so I can only presume in modem mode the test facility does not function on the hub 3. It also advises to take it out of modem mode to do this test, which I think confirms the test only works if in router mode.

Also problems updating my app password for email, the verify code was not sent to my contact email to change the app password, however a message flashed up to change the app password immediately which I did because  I had a warning other sessions were still open in other browsers preventing in logging out, often happens. I was able to change my app password with no verification which is poor security?

Like others I have also had a fake VM  email which I ignored, saying my account was due to close and to download a form to update my account.

I think it as all working OK now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ALF28 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

When the Hub is in Modem Mode, it can prevent us from running our full checks from our side so it is likely that it does detract from the test your Hub feature too on the self-service side.

If the factory reset has gone through successfully, the Hub should come back in in Router Mode rather than Modem Mode so if it stays in Modem Mode after the reset, it's also an indication it's not been fully successful.

Despite this, we are glad that you have now everything (including the My Virgin Media password problem) resolved.

If there's anything further you need please don't hesitate to let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ALF28 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

When the Hub is in Modem Mode, it can prevent us from running our full checks from our side so it is likely that it does detract from the test your Hub feature too on the self-service side.

If the factory reset has gone through successfully, the Hub should come back in in Router Mode rather than Modem Mode so if it stays in Modem Mode after the reset, it's also an indication it's not been fully successful.

Despite this, we are glad that you have now everything (including the My Virgin Media password problem) resolved.

If there's anything further you need please don't hesitate to let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the advice, I confirm the hub 3 did go back to the router mode after the pin reset and I then selected modem mode and all working fine . I assume in modem mode the hub will update although only the modem and phone is in use and not the router. The hub setting page prompted me  to update the default password which I did and then to log in but I had to clear the browser history or it kept saying already in use by another but  resolved with the browser clean.

The VM email/account password reset did send a verify code  to change the app password and I found it later  in a folder in my email, so it was was working after all.

All done thanks.