cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not working

timn48
Tuning in

Hi my child safe is on but no sites are getting blocked. I've flagged this with VM before and nothing happened. Please help me resolve this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the device on which Web Safe appears to not be working go to https://1.1.1.1/help. What is the AS Name value reported? The following example reports this value as Virgin Media.

_0-1662230832038.jpeg

If the AS Name does not contain Virgin Media then:

• if Hub is in modem mode and third party router is used then configure router to use Virgin Media DNS at 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100
  • otherwise configure device to set DNS automatically, i.e. accept that assigned by DHCP — if help is required with this post back here with device detail

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the device on which Web Safe appears to not be working go to https://1.1.1.1/help. What is the AS Name value reported? The following example reports this value as Virgin Media.

_0-1662230832038.jpeg

If the AS Name does not contain Virgin Media then:

• if Hub is in modem mode and third party router is used then configure router to use Virgin Media DNS at 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100
  • otherwise configure device to set DNS automatically, i.e. accept that assigned by DHCP — if help is required with this post back here with device detail

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20220903-195602_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's not working on any devices at all

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By default VPN sites should be blocked by Web Safe, what happens when you go to http://nordvpn.com?

I just see the site as normal, however when  I've checked the DNS it's coming back as [MOD EDIT: Personal details] which isn't in the list you provided, I've done a factory reset of my hub so I'm not sure where this is getting set

Screenshot_20220903-202221_Chrome.jpg

 however a reverse dns shows it is a VM server

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond, though usual the former.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @timn48 thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further for you. Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Please can I get an update on this issue.