cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re location

andynic1972
On our wavelength

i need my box and router moved from current location to another location behind tv on same wall from outside so hidden as getting fireplace put in please advice fitting date 3rd october 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi andynic1972 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

andynic1972
On our wavelength

having a new media wall built so need to move tv box about 2 metres along cable not long enough please advise anything welcome 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi andynic1972 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub's should not be hidden behind TV's or any other items.  The Hub should be placed somewhere central and in the clear.  Hiding it away will only cause Wifi propagation problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andynic1972
On our wavelength

finally managed to get logged in we getting some building work done so need to move the external cables back along exterior wall about 3 meters to come in house at another point how do i book an engineer as work getting done 3rd october thanks andrew

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There will be a £25 charge.

Just call it in on the "fault" line and they should sort you

Call on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Try now, but calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0780 3089 684 ) - you can use the same number for their other social media platforms too (TwitX/Fbook. etc) - so try them all.

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello andynic1972

Thanks for posting in regards to moving the equipment due to some upcoming work, we're happy to help.

As others have mentioned, as this is classed as a 'non fault' call out a one off charge of £25 would applicable for the work to be completed by an engineer. If you're happy with this, let us know and we can send you a Private Message to get this arranged for you.

that would be great if you can message me to arrange a date please 

thats great look forward to your message

Hi @andynic1972 thanks for your reply.

No problem at all!

We're sending a PM now so please expect this shortly and respond directly when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W