cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to drop my kerb but have a manhole cover outside which needs lowering

nicolaaamis
Tuning in

I have contacted virgin several times about the manhole cover which is 80cm by 50cm. Each time they come out they have been given information that its broken and a job has been raised for a repair instead. I have the permission from highways to drop my kerb but they will not carry out works until Virgin media have lowered the cover. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Highways cannot help me 

Thanks

Nicola 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the info, how do i contact VM about lowering the manhole cover? i cannot find any phone number or email address to contact them on, do you have any contact details i could have ?

Thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up a photo of the cover which will allow VM to identify whether it is their manhole.

And try..........

The number (automated) for reporting street “furniture” problems is 0330 333 0444 - or use this “Webform”
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I dont need to report damage to anything i need to know where to go forward with virgin lowering a manhole cover that is in the way of my dropped kerb i want to get done

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nicolaaamis wrote:

I dont need to report damage to anything

You said it was "broken"... I assumed that was "damage".    In any case a VM person will advise on progress when they get here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

i asked for virgin media to come and assess the manhole cover and they were given information to repair it so couldnt do anything about my drop kerb situation 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it's broken to the point of being a hazard they will come and repair it. If they think it's been damaged by someone e.g. by driving over it, they may be looking for repayment of the cost. 

To come and assess the cost of lowering it and issuing an invoice for the work, they have a charge which was recently £250 +vat, paid in advance. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for the info, how do i contact VM about lowering the manhole cover? i cannot find any phone number or email address to contact them on, do you have any contact details i could have ?

Thanks

One of the forum staff should be able to help you when they pick this up. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey nicolaaamis,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

Are you currently a customer of ours or just have the grid outside of your property?

I will send over a private message in a moment to request further information. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L