cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing green arrows on Hub

Ennda
On our wavelength

The double green arrow  on my Virgin Hub keeps on flashing. The WiFi and phone symbols are green,  not flashing. The "pair WPS"symbol is not active (I don't know what it's for anyway). A loop symbol below this is red but not flashing. The bottom horizontal bar is orange colour. Broadband, phone and email are working but slowly and with occasional pauses.After logging in, I tried the automatic Hub reset but after it, a message said that there is a problem and I could try the steps to reset it myself. I tried but couldn't manage it.  My vision is poor and I can't move the hub because of several cables plugged into it. How can I resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it?  Has it only just been installed - or was it all ok originally but now done this.

Try a manual Hub reset this way.....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/want them to be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it?  Has it only just been installed - or was it all ok originally but now done this.

Try a manual Hub reset this way.....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/want them to be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Ennda Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the flashing green arrows that you have on your Virgin Media hub. 😞 We really don't want to see any of our customers with connection issues.
I've looked through the system and I cannot see a fault in the area nor on the line, but this does not deny that there may be underlying issues which may be present.

Are you still experiencing these issues now? If so, please try to reboot the hub after taking out all the cables and placing them back in.
If that does not work, please try a hard reset on the back of the Virgin Media hub. Located the back ↘ is a pinhole which says reset, place a pin in there for 40 seconds and it will reset the equipment.

Let us know how you get along or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ennda
On our wavelength

Thanks very much Ilyas but, as I wrote in my original message, I've tried but cannot do what you suggest or the hard reset because of my poor vision and other age-related factors. What I need is a visit from a Virgin engineer to reset the Hub for me as soon as possible. Can you please arrange this for me?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ilyas_Y   see reply

--------------------
John
--------------------

Sorry to hear this, let me send you a DM and we can look into this 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Glad we've manage to get this resolved for you. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?