cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will it be live

Crusty2020
Joining in

Virgin media have installed cable down our road for over 4 months now, we have the little black virgin stamped boxes on the ground outside but we still cannot see any packages on the Web, says not in your area yet? We are getting close to the end of our deal with copper BT and itching to move across but it seems like a never ending journey.

Does it usually take this long? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Carley_S, How exactly was I asking for anything in my post above? There isn't a single question in my post and I did not expect any response from you or any other virgin employee. I was informing the OP that based on my experience he shouldn't expect an answer from Virgin.

The rest of my post is me airing my frustration that I'm paying alot of money for a rubbish connection and that someone at Virgin must know when I will be able to order, but is clearly unwilling to give that information. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Crusty2020,

Thanks for posting, so I can get a few more details from you to pass to the team I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whatever happens, do not cancel the BT contract until VM is installed and working to you satisfaction.  A week or two with both is a small price to pay for the insurance of continued service - VM installations can be "problematic".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

georox123
Tuning in

I've tried, repeatedly, to get information from Virgin on when it will be available in my street. It's only been two months since they dug up the pavements for me though. I'm now out of contract and still waiting to find out when I can order. I can't believe that someone at Virgin can't give me at least an indication (+/-6 months would be fine) of when it will be available to order. If it's going to be another 12 months then I'll just get a new contract on copper and save myself a few quid while I'm waiting. I don't want to continue paying £52/month for a 20mbps/4mbps connection for an unknown time if I can help it.

My apologies that we've not been able to provide a definitive answer to when your property will be serviceable @georox123 

I can see that a forum team member has already supported you on this issue from another opened thread you had on the same issue and have provided you a recommendation. 

We ask that members don't make multiple posts on the same queries and concerns so that we can support within one space, more quicker and clearly. This also helps other community members to find all the information should they also have a similar question. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@Carley_S, How exactly was I asking for anything in my post above? There isn't a single question in my post and I did not expect any response from you or any other virgin employee. I was informing the OP that based on my experience he shouldn't expect an answer from Virgin.

The rest of my post is me airing my frustration that I'm paying alot of money for a rubbish connection and that someone at Virgin must know when I will be able to order, but is clearly unwilling to give that information. 

Jackals
Joining in

It took 6-8 months for them to go active from the day they dug up my streets. 

But like @jbrennand stated. Cancel your Broadband after your Virgin services have been installed. I made the mistake of cancelling my previous provider the same date and I've not had any Broadband for nearly a month.

Thanks georox123, worst bit is we have now had multiple sales agents promising the world when they call round and when I tell them I want to see what is actually available online first they get frosty and leave