cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What *Should* Broadband ONLY Cost for an Existing Customer?

BananaRamaLama
Tuning in

We no longer watch much TV and stream 90% of what we do watch & are planning to just use Freeview and Broadband once our contract expires.

That being the case what should we be expecting to pay for M500 (or even 1Gig) Broadband only?

I honestly (and I cant stress this enough) HATE bartering, and we don't really have any other options for decent speed internet in our area so threatening to just leave fills me with dread, and I know they will try to take the proverbial & do not have clear and honest pricing.

Just a ballpark would be good.

We currently pay £67 (would rise to £99 in Sep) for:

virgin.png

All we want going forward is M500 Broadband, no TV and no Phone (we haven't used a Landline in over 10 years yet they constantly force you to have one, or at least they did)

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

BananaRamaLama
Tuning in

So the forum is as helpful as Virgin themselves.

Thanks, I'll not bother posting again if what is clearly a different question gets bundled into this one by over zealous mods on a power trip.

See ya

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You already had your answer, several times. There is no standard charge. Every offer depends on individual circumstance. 

And the number of users posting on here is so small that our payments cannot be considered typical of whole customer base. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Some companies don't play the haggling game https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/the-best-uk-broadband-isps-ispreview-editors-pick/2

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

VM do not have a price list like legitimate companies providing goods and services. Their sales are based on the Casablanca market place principle making extra profits from the naive and vulnerable