cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Socket RfoG Unit?

Mbusby993
Joining in

Evening all, 

Got my Hub 3 today after moving into my new home and when I've got to my wall socket to plug it in, I've got an RFOG optic unit attached to the wall and I don't get any network connection at all. Do I need a 12v DC adapter for this unit, or should the RF cable from the router to the "wall socket" supply power via the 12v dc in/out? The 12v input on the unit itself looks like a small connection so not sure what I need and just want the Internet back. 

As it stands my Hub is just flashing green base light with the green Wi-Fi light on constantly, which I gather means no connection? 

1000014710.jpg

1000014709.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are a new customer you need to call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Should the service not just be automatically activated? It sounded as though all I needed to do was plug the hub in and it'd be fine, the house seems to have had virgin media before and there are other VM networks in nearby houses 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Somebody’s walked away with the ONU power supply 🙄. VM will have to supply you with a new one.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah thats what I thought. Can't see why someone would take that but there's no 12v plug for it anywhere I can see. Is this something I can only get from virgin or can I pick one up somewhere so I can get the broadband working tomorrow? 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You should call VM ASAP to get a replacement plug and coaxial cable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Be prepared for nobody at VM to understand what you are asking for, and to have to book an engineer visit. 

Hi @Mbusby993

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I can see from our systems your services are online and working since posting but if you need help with anything, let me know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs