cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALLSOCKET ETHERNET

stressedoutugh2
Just joined

UGH BEEN WORKING ON THIS ALL DAY! Have to go to coffee shop down stairs to message as have no cell service and they say I just have to wait till next week for an engineer to come out! Waited 6 hours and light never turned white. I can’t find a wall socket that says virgin mobile! then guy said it’s the last outlet. Is that the one with the picture of the computer on it?! That’s just an ethernet outlet?!??????? so do i connect the ethernet cord into the far right socket? that has the picture of the computer on it? Nightmare haven’t had wifi or cellular service where I’m living so keep getting fired from projects i’m not immediately responsive to. And whatsapp messages they just say they can’t help!

IMG_6688.jpeg

then do i connect the other cables that i had plugged in at all? CAN ANYONE HELP OTHER RHAN 

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Have you tried the coax cable (The white cable pictured) in this port?

The other end, also pictured, should be plugged into the HUB.

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

You need an engineer install. Why do you have a floor box in a house?

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cable looks kinked on the right hand side of picture too

concise
On our wavelength

Surely the white cable has been crushed so needs repair, then screw it into the socket on the left and connect the computer via the ethernet socket on the right, Not that I have a clue what I am looking at 🤔

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stressedoutugh2 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

Has an engineer since visited and has the installation been carried out?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel