cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using existing Asus router

Stevenrw
On our wavelength

Hi everyone, 

I’m hoping you can offer some helpful advice to a noob.

I’m just about to rejoin VM after many years. Having been migrated over from Virgin Mobile to O2 I’ll likely be going for a Volt 267mb product.

There seems conflicting/old information about the router supplied. I assume all new signups will receive a Hub 5. Is that correct?

Next, I currently run an ASUS mesh system and I have a Synology NAS attached so the router is all set up and working fine. I really don’t want reset the router and go through a shedload of setup steps to get it back to how it is currently.

So, and this is the biggie, can you confirm the Hub 5 currently supports Modem Mode. I see various tutorials on how to initialise Modem Mode but some people seem to have problems.

Next, having set the Hub 5 into modem mode is it just a case of connecting the ASUS router via the WAN port and you are away? It seems I don’t need to do any further configuration on the router? If some kind soul has been through this I’d really appreciate a step by step.

Lastly, I’ll be taking the phone service also. When the Hub 5 is in Modem Mode can I still just plug the phone into the Hub5 using the adapter or does the phone need to go into the ASUS router.

A lot of questions I know so I really appreciate your assistance 

10 REPLIES 10

Stevenrw
On our wavelength

Thanks again guys. All set. Took a couple of reboots but my router now connected successfully and speed good.

Let's hope it stays that way but thanks again for taking the time.