cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade your broadband for extra £4

lojelo5
Superfast

Why do I keep getting this offer by email and when I sign into my virgin account. I am on 1Gig and not in a XGS-PON area.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 225820.png

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lojelo5,

Thank you for our post. We're sorry to hear you keep getting this offer. 

To confirm, what options show if you click on 'Upgrade Broadband'?

^Martin

Screenshot 2024-06-04 150152.png

Pretty pointless to be honest.

I am now also receiving emails regarding my package is soon to be out of contract and the renewal price is £13 more than what I am paying now!! who actually comes up with these offers do you really think we would jump at the chance to pay an extra £13 a month for the same package just so we can extend it another 18 months? I really do think you need to sit down and restructure your market team or keep them off the magic mushrooms for a week or 2.

We are so sorry that the offers have not been suitable for you @lojelo5 

If you do want to look at what other possible offers and deals we have you can click the link shown in your screenshot to chat further with our web chat team. 

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

We are so sorry that the offers have not been suitable for you @lojelo5 

If you do want to look at what other possible offers and deals we have you can click the link shown in your screenshot to chat further with our web chat team. 

I think the point they are trying to make is the offer shouldn't be available to customers who it doesn't apply, similar to myself who is also seeing this when accessing my account.

Lile carl_pearce said 

I don't think you understood what I was trying to put across.

Why would that offer be suitable to me!! when I can't upgrade my broadband to a faster speed that I am on already. So VM sending me an offer to pay £4 to upgrade my broadband when I can't is totally pointless and wrongly advertised to me and many others who are receiving the same message.

So Ashleigh_C have you got anymore constructive replies that would help in this matter.

Hi lojelo5,

Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion with the email offer, so I can get this fed back I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

lojelo5
Superfast

Hi Alex

I have replied.