cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused uPVC ducting - can I arrange for its collection?

StartledLemon
Joining in

Hello,

A few days before my recent broadband installation, 20 x 3m lengths of green uPVC ducting were dropped off at the property. They weren't used by the installers as apparently this type of ducting is used for commercial, not domestic installations. So for the last 3 months I've had this lot on my driveway:

vm_ducting_20240404.jpg

I've been trying to arrange collection of the ducting but the installation engineer who promised to look into organising this is no longer responding to my texts or voicemails.

Who can I contact to arrange for the collection of the ducting?

Kind regards, 

/Neil 

4 REPLIES 4

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

List it on Facebook marketplace and someone will take it off your hands

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Invoice virgin media reasonable storage costs. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

StartledLemon
Joining in

I found a phone number printed on the ducting so gave it a call. It seems it's the number for VM's National Operations Support Center, but after 45 minutes on hold (and being repeatedly told my call is important) I gave up waiting.

I've another avenue to explore. If that doesn't work out I will cut the ducting into manageable lengths and take them to the local tip, and maybe as Cardiffman282 suggest, invoice VM for storage and disposal costs.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @StartledLemon Thanks for reaching out to us on here. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to see this equipment left out there.
I will assist you on the mater and get this raised with our area manager.

I will send a private message for more support. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs