cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trespass onto my land

AM51
Joining in

My neighbour has subscribed to Virgin. I have not. Whilst I was out the installers have trespassed my garden, walked over my plants and used my fence to attached the Virgin wire without my permission. The wire runs all the way up from the path, nailed onto my fence then back into my neighbours garden to be connected. This is not acceptable.  I have rung Virgin numerous times and they said someone will remove it to-date this has not happened. Please can someone advice me what to do?  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AM51,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear that our team have trespassed and installed the cable onto your garden. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and also pass this over to the manager within your area to have this rectified. I will send a private message over to you right now to take some details to get this raised with the relevant team. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

As you are not the customer VM often do not care.
But you are free to remove any cables that are on your land or fence or walls without your written permission especially if they do not serve your property.

Past situations suggest the customer may have watched the cable be installed so odds are on they also do not care.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

no one will come to remove it - CS have got rid of you and that likely to be as far as anything goes - they will not move it forward in any way - they cannot as the cable install so far has been done by outside contractors and VM will not contact them

so dont be messed about which is what VM will attempt to do to you in the hope you will go away - staff here will promise much and deliver nothing - so if you want the cable gone then do it - either cut it at your boundary and dispose of whats is there or remove it from the fence and coil it up at the border - that might be enough to make them re route it but its likely they will just put it back as it was when they come to do the next bit of the install

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Client62
Legend

I agree. Remove the cable ASAP and without giving any warning so as to establish that it was installed in an unacceptable manner and will not be tolerated.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AM51,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear that our team have trespassed and installed the cable onto your garden. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and also pass this over to the manager within your area to have this rectified. I will send a private message over to you right now to take some details to get this raised with the relevant team. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

AM51
Joining in

Thank you everyone for your advice I really appreciate your help.

I have given my details to Steven_L from Virgin to see if they will do anything though I doubt it will be resolved. I feel when I click on the link he emailed me it automatically showed on this forum 1. ACCEPTED SOLUTION. to give the impression everything is solved that is not the case.

Lets see what happens.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

This issue as now been passed over to the contractors in your area to investigate.

I will be back in touch with any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As Tony says.... give them a week or so and if nothing is done remove it all yourself

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey AM51,

Just a quick catch up to check that everything was resolved, when the team visited yesterday?

I have been told that it was all resolved but would like to check from your side to ensure all is okay.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @AM51 👋.

We have been advised that this was resolved on the same day as it was logged by Steven. Can you please confirm?

Thanks

Sabrina