cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Hub 3 to Hub 4

james016
Joining in

Hi all

I will be getting my new Hub 4 today and was wondering how easy it is to set it up. Can I backup the config from the Hub 3 and restore it to the Hub 4? I have a range extender. Connected to this are a ring doorbell, and chime and I would like to avoid going through the process of re-joining everything as it was a pain the first time round.

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot retore a fimrware backup from different Hubs.  However, you should be able to change the SSID and password on the Hub 4 to the same as you used on the Hub 3.  As for the physical change over, yes it's just a matter of removing the Hub 3 and replace with the Hub 4.  The co-ax connections are the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot retore a fimrware backup from different Hubs.  However, you should be able to change the SSID and password on the Hub 4 to the same as you used on the Hub 3.  As for the physical change over, yes it's just a matter of removing the Hub 3 and replace with the Hub 4.  The co-ax connections are the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @james016 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

Thank you as well to Aduxxi for their help so far, I just wanted to check in and see how things are looking since your install?

Hi Adduxi

I am going to try tonight or at the weekend. We'll see how it goes

Thank you for your reply

James

@ashleigh_c

I am going to install the hub either tonight or over the weekend and see how it goes

Thanks

james

Hi Adduxi

Setting the SIDs and passwords to match the Hub3 worked a treat. Only thing was that the coax on the splitter cable snapped when I removed it from the Hub3. Tech support did their thing here. Wall cable is now plugged into the router and will try to connect the 360 box via wifi. TV uses ethernet cable

Thanks
James

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Would be better to get both boxes connected by cable if possible.  Glad to hear you got it all working 👍