cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Pre-Install failures

suburbane
Tuning in

I moved into a new property in November and pre-ordered VM fibre service (1Gig plus some content streaming).  Intial install date was 21 November.  That got moved, then moved again, then moved again.  

Finally engineer showed up on 11 January.  Lovely guy.  But the pre-install contractors (Kellys, who do NW London) hadn't completed the works.  He called his manager, said they would prioritise it but in meantime new install date was 26 January.  In the meantime I spoke with main call centre (India or South Africa depending on the day) and pre-install team (Philippines I think) to try and ensure there was no repeat.

Sure enough, come 26 January, new VM engineer shows up.  Lovely guy.   But still Kellys had not completed the work.  And to cover their a**es they had sent VM an email with photos of outside of my house plus some other place they had installed cable and box.  

More calls to and from Philippines later, I now have a new install date (12 Feb) but zero confidence that VM can get their contractor to complete the works in time.  I texted the engineer as well as calling pre-install team, everyone is chasing Kellys but no response.  So now 3 months later, two half days off work, no service and no confidence it will ever arrive.  Would appreciate some thoughts from the VM team about how they can escalate the issue at Kellys to get a response, and otherwise offer some proper compensation for total waste of my time and misrepresenting that the service is actually available in my area.  

Hyperoptic also offer super fast fibre in the area so any views on their service also greatly appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TigerLilly1
Tuning in

Im in the same position!! Similar timeframes. Only difference, our subcontractors are company called Avonline. They are doing the same with delays. Truly, at my wits end. 
I think you may have option for other service providers with decent speeds but i dont have that choice yet!! Keep us posted 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just keep records of all the failed attempts as you will be due compensation for all these.  

As for Hyperoptic post your question here as it's a very mixed Forum covering all UK ISP's.

Which ISP? :: think broadband

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TigerLilly1
Tuning in

Im in the same position!! Similar timeframes. Only difference, our subcontractors are company called Avonline. They are doing the same with delays. Truly, at my wits end. 
I think you may have option for other service providers with decent speeds but i dont have that choice yet!! Keep us posted 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey suburbane,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your installation, this should not be happening to any of our customers. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

suburbane
Tuning in

Hi all, thanks for the replies.  So update - not good.

I've spent more hours and hours going through the various call centers - usually if I'm not mistaken you go to India for general enquiries, then to Philippines for the "pre-install team".  But even when they give you the 0800 direct number for the pre-install team, it's still a call to India first!  

After 3 failed 30 min calls yesterday (either incompetent or just hung up), someone in pre-install finally booked me a new "pre-install check" for today to be provided by, you guessed it, Kellys.  Steven_L from the forum kindly confirmed this over various messages yesterday.

So like a fool, I wait at home again all day and presto - no-one shows up!  There is just zero accountability in this organisation.  Always hide behind the fact that it's sub-contractors fault, not theirs.  Genuinely can't believe this company is still alive.

Feels like time to give up the dream of fibre if Hyperoptic are dodgy too.  I will wait for Monday's (fifth!) installation date to come and go and then change course.  But will certainly be considering whether a consequential damages claim is viable via small claims court after all the time wasting and pointless days off!  And in the meantime continue a crusade to ensure everyone I know or can reach via web learns how rubbish VM are.

suburbane
Tuning in

And finally the coup de grace - wake up, check my Virgin Media, and magically the install date is now 6 March!  Just forget it, I'm going elsewhere and I thoroughly recommend everyone else should too.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

By all means go elsewhere, but do not cancel VM as it will stop the compensation. Let it continue to mount up until they install. You will have maximised the compensation, and you can cancel without penalty within 14days 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kyled
On our wavelength

Init together by the looks of it! Customer service useless. Always the same excuse and you get nowhere with them! 

the sun contractors that are meant to do my outside works are SVELLA. No sign of anyone for months now. What a joke 

Kyled
On our wavelength

Could you take a look into my case to? 

Kyled
On our wavelength

that’s how my day as gone today. Spent 3 hours getting transferred to both the teams! No one had a clue what was going off. Both the customer service team and pre install team said the sun contractors were coming out today but they have said this for weeks that they’re coming on the day of the call! Never do. Sometimes when I’ve called early on a weekday I’ve spoke to companies in the UK that have credited my account. But still no further forward