cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start kit delivered to wrong address

Steven8890
Tuning in

Recived an upgrade to the 1Gig service via volt. I was ment to receive a quick start kit today which I assume would be a new router. 

However, it seems the Quick start kit was delivered to a different address rather than my own according to the yodel tracking system. (Picture of delivery is completely different to my own address)

Spoken to the Virgin team this evening and I got the impression they didn’t know what to do.

Can someone please organise replacement equipment to be delivered by a more reputable courier?

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Steven8890 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that your delivery has been sent to the wrong address. 

Does the delivery show as confirmed and complete on the tracking number through Yodel?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

yes the tracking shows as delivered. I raised this to yodel and they have advised I speak to yourselves to resolve the issue.

thanks 

Steven8890
Tuning in

Just to update the issue. With the full context:

I currently have their 500mb broadband service and have 10 months left of my contract. During the Black Fridays deals I took out an online O2 sim only deal.
After a couple of days I got an email mentioning my volt benefits have been applied and that Virgin Media would be sending me a new router as I’ve been upgraded to their 1GB service.

The new router (Hub 5) was supposed to be delivered on the 4th December between 7pm and 9pm I waited in during his time and received a notification on the Yodel app (the courier Virgin use for equipment) that the router had been delivered which It hadn’t (Not really Virgins fault at this point). Spoke to Yodel on the 5th Advising them that I haven’t recived the parcel.

Yodel did an investigation which came back inconclusive and they recommended I speak to Virgin. This is where the problems start.

Spoke to Virgin on Tuesday 5th December mentioning that I haven’t recived the router and I’m not really sure what’s going on. The Virgin rep apologised and organised a manual quick start order which should take 24-48 hours as it has to go to a back office team. But i should hear something back about getting another router delivered.

I waited until Friday 8th December before calling Virgin again to raise the issue regarding the router not being delivered and to check the status of the manual quick start order which was placed on Tuesday.

The Virgin rep mentioned the manual quick start order hadn’t been put through properly as there was no reference number and that they would raise it again. I mentioned that I received a text message advising that I have 5 days to activate the new equipment (which I haven’t got) otherwise their would be disruption to my services.

I’ve still not heard nothing regarding getting a router for the volt upgrade.

To add further I received an email from Virgin mentioning the router that I was ment to revive on the 4th December asking if I have an issues and if I didn’t want it can I send it back.

Any other isp in the UK would have had this sorted in one phone call and a replacement sent next day. Yet Virgin seem to make it as difficult as possible to get any issues resolved.

I logged  a complaint on Tuesday and got a generic response of please call customer service. After speaking to numerous Advisors regarding this issue and being told my services wouldn’t be disrupted. I woke up this morning (10th December exactly 5 days as pure the text) and my broadband isn’t working. Having checked the router it shows network blocked.

I’ve basically been lied to by the advisors who assured me this wouldn’t happen

Thanks for coming back to us Steven8890,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I can see that you have spoken to the team this morning, have they been able to advise anything further?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L,

an engineer appointment was ment to be arranged for tomorrow evening to fit a Hub 5. However, I’ve had no confirmation of this and no time slot.

kind regards 

Steven 

Sorry to hear this @Steven8890 

If you still need further support please do reach back out to my colleague who is supporting you via private message on this issue and they'll be able to assist further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley