cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential damaged cable on public pavement

REY84
Joining in

Photo below. I’ve just noticed these cables exposed on the pavement just outside my property. I’m not 100% sure these are virgin media cables, or going into my property, but it seems likely given the angle and location of my Virgin Media external box.

IMG_6764.jpeg

Are these cables safe like this?

3 REPLIES 3

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Yeah that's VMO2's siamese cable with phone cable on one side and coaxial on the other.

Having it exposed like that isn't at all uncommon and many cable installs have lengths of completely uncovered cable. 

It looks ugly but isn't a safety risk. Would be good if they fix it before that cable gets walked on too much though. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That looks like something from one of the first cable build areas. Literally a plastic bung over the end of the tee duct. The correct way to fix is a construction team to excavate & put in a proper toby termination box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @REY84 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for flagging this cable issue to us. We can understand your concern and want to best help. To best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs