cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No microducts at new property

tins
Joining in

Hi guys,

I'm moving house (fingers crossed) and whilst scoping out the estate I was unable to see any Virgin microducts on the pavements, also I couldn't see virgin boxes on any of the properties which struck me as odd as when I put the postcode in on the Virgin website it says it is available. Could this be a mistake and Virgin haven't got my estate ready yet?

A few years a go a contactor was working their way around my town, digging up pavements, putting microducts outside properties. I can see that the pavements haven't been dug up on this street. It isn't a new estate, houses are 1999-2000. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The acid test will be placing an order, let us know what happens.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any overhead lines from telephone poles?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nope! It really has got me scratching my head. I will have another walk around at the weekend just to double check I haven't missed any omniboxes. It's not looking good though 😞

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Pay attention to the street cabinets, often VM cabinets are less than 200m from the properties.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Look out for CATV pavement covers, a dead giveaway.

--

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it an unadopted road (Private)?

VM will only put their own ducting in council owned streets. They also won't dig streets where there is no pavement or everything is block paved due to the increased expense.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The acid test will be placing an order, let us know what happens.

--

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tins,
Thank you for your post and have you had any luck, if we are available in your area you should be able to get our services, have you spoken to our team? Please let us know,

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I haven't spoken to your team yet. Fingers crossed the house move stuff keeps going smoothly and I will be in contact. It just struck me as odd that I can't see anyone with the virgin box outside and the paths definitely haven't been dug up like all the other streets around here.

I will see what I can scope out!