cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house, new customer, avoid post?

rosscummings1
Joining in

Hi all - we are moving into a new house in a few weeks and will need virgin internet. I want to sign up using an offer I can get through my employer but it’s all online and can’t speak to anyone. My problem is I don’t want any mail sent to the new address until I move in. Is there a way we can make virgin aware that we aren’t owners of the property till X date and not to send anything there in our name as the previous occupants are still there

thanks

ross 

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll need to be aware that Virginmedia ties contracts to an address. They won't accept an order for service at an address while there is an existing contract at that address. Do the existing residents have VM? Can you wait until you have moved in? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I wanted to sort it out so it could be installed on the day after we move in for example otherwise it could take weeks and I didn’t want to have no internet at home 

Yes I'm sure you do but VM's antiquated systems are not organised for customer convenience. Do you know if there is an existing service or connection at that address? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's important that you check whether VM has an existing connection at that address - a cable from the street to the house. If there is not one already there is likely a long delay for it to be installed. 

- jpeg1

rosscummings1
Joining in

Previous owner already has virgin broadband in the property 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's good. Your only problem will be to get the connection activated if the previous resident's contract overlaps. 

- jpeg1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rosscummings1 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

We're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

As you've been advised in this thread, you can take out services at the property in question but only as long as the existing resident is due to disconnect by the time you have requested your install.

If they have not requested a disconnection though, we'd be unable to accept the install.

We'd advise in this case though even if they might not be able to put the order through directly at the price you mention due to having to go through your work's portal, our Sales Team are available on 0800 183 1234 to help support you further.

Many thanks

Tom_W